Now or never

With 10 of the next 13 Celtics games being at home, it seems like this
is the time the Celtics are going to have to start playing well, if it's
going to happen at all this year.  After this stretch, there's only 8
games left (4 home).  I think the hole is now to deep to expect a run at
the playoffs, but I think it is vitally (or is that Vitaly) important
for them to put together a solid stretch of wins.  This is the time they
have to propve they are better than the Washingtons and Torontos of the
conference.  If they don't, it's going to make a big difference in their
(and our) attitudes this summer.  If they continue to win 1/3 of their
games, the entire summer is going to be nothing but trade rumors and the
like.  If they can win more than half, at least we'll believe they're on
the right track.

So, if you could wish for one thing starting tonight (other than that
$160 million lottery jackpot), what would it be?  I'll go first and say
I hope Paul gets back to his early season form, and stays there.  People
talk about Antoine or Ron being at a crossroads, but I think Pierce
really needs to finish strong to feel good about this year.  Any more
setbacks, and I'll be worried about what it does to his head.

Jim