Re:Rick on Antoine and Playoffs

Rick Pitino had this to say about our spoiled team captain in the
BosHerald today.

`` I think (the fans) are losing their patience with the wrong man. In
the last 10 days, the guy that's worked the hardest for us is Antoine
Walker - at improving his game, getting there early, staying late,
working on his free throws (....) My problem is with people booing
Antoine now. He's trying to do everything possible to help this team
win. He knows right now that he's the captain of this basketball  team,
he's been here three years and he hasn't made the playoffs. He's got
great pride...'

Also Pitino is not tanking the season, according to the Steve Bulpett's
column:

"Pitino is wishing on stars even as his team slides. He brought up the
`P' word yesterday, telling his players, ``If we can win 17 out of 21
games we'd be in the playoffs. I know that's kind of unrealistic, not
probable. But that's the way we're looking at it. As quickly as you get
in a rut, it can go the other way, as well. It happens all the time,
and  that's what we're looking to do.''