Centers

The more I think about it, the more doubt I have about Matt Geiger and
"legitimate" centers in general.  Why do we need one?  We need a
rebounder/defender in the post, and someone who is enough of a threat
on offense to keep the D honest.  We will have two great post players
in Walker and Pierce.  We just need someone to take the big men
outside, adn on the other end to change some shots and get some key
rebounds, and it would be nice if they could throw a good outlet pass
too.  Remember, the Celtics have had great success with 6' 8" centers
in this league (Cowens and Silas) and in a motion offense, some big
goon like Geiger would get most of his points on follow ups and dunks
not much different from Andrew Declerq's.   I'm not saying we don't
need talent, but I think that  a couple of Michael Stewart/Keon Clark
types could do a lot for us.  I think that the our big 4 are the
makings of a championship team, maybe the best scoring team since
Magic's lakers.  I don't know that you want a "legitimate" center in
that mix.  I wouldn't mind seeing Dennis Rodman in there, or somebody
like him.  Somebody smart and aggressive, who isn't necessarily seven
feet tall and full of muscle (to quote Men at Work, Warwick's favorite
band.)