cap room

After the trading deadline Pitino estimated that the Celtics would
probably have $4.5 million in cap room (under the current CBA) for
signing free agents assuming that Popeye was waived. I am assuming
this takes into account the new TV deal.

Assuming the Bird rule remains unchanged (unlikely!), I wonder if
Popeye could be signed for a 1-year deal for the minimum with an
understanding that he would be paid down the road, like Chris Dudley.

Alex