Jersey Red: Walker Trade Talk Is Crap & Pitino Still Wants Him

               Fall River Herald
               Tues., Oct. 20, 1998

               Red's World: Gender inequity blindsides
               PC men's athletics

               By KEN 'JERSEY RED' FORD
               <snip>

               Don't believe any of the Antoine Walker crap that is
               being reported in the Boston papers. Some of the trade
               talk is not only ridiculous, but false. And as for
               Pitino being furious at his star and vice versa, that is
               also untrue. They aren't even allowed to speak to one
               another during the lockout.

               I have spoken to both, and trust me when I tell you it's
               a very minor misunderstanding. As for Walker playing for
               the C's, that's ultimately going to be left to Paul
               Gaston and Walker. Pitino is on record that he wants
               him.