Walker/Wallace

Noah -- as to whether Wallace "would satisfy our need for shotblocking and little more:" Wallace swatted 1.1 balls last year in 37 mpg. In about the same minutes, Toine blocked .7 shots per game. These numbers are consistent for their respective careers. So it's not like we'd be getting the second coming of Bill Russell. (By contrast, Travis blocked that many shots in only 20 mpg!)

I do agree with you 100% that Walker's offensive game is worlds more polished than Sheed's. But who ever called Wallace "a nice guy?" I seem to recall him choking another player on the court not too long ago. There's a sound citizen for you.

<DJessen33@aol.com wrote: I think Wallace overall may be better at
the 4 spot; better defense, rebounding and shotblocking.>

Rebounding? Hello? look at their numbers, for God's sake:
Toine last season: 10 boards, 3.3 ORBs; career, 9.6, 3.4
Sheed last season: 6.2 boards, 1.7 ORB!!! career 5.9, 1.7

<DJessen33@aol.com wrote: Does Walker's
offensive firepower make up for the fact that he is not that  good of a
rebounder or shotblocker when matched up with the typical NBA power forward?>

Last season Antoine was the 10th-leading rebounder in the league. Of the players ahead of him, only Rodman, Barkley, Ty Hill and Malone were PFs - the rest were centers. What are you talking about??
       Last question: which you you rather have: a frontcourt of Walker, Sabonis & Grant, or one of Pierce, Wallace and Popeye? Portland wins big time in this purported deal unless they take a freight train worth of bogus salaries.