Re: Walker trade

First of all, I again would like to say that I'm not saying we have make the
trade of Walker for Wallace etc, but rather it is worthy of discussion, just
as Walker for Jordan would be worthy of discussion (not that Wallace is as
good as Jordan for you nitpickers).
Second, I submit that Walker's rebounding stats are inflated since there was
really no one else on the team who could rebound. You have to agree that if we
had a Rodman or Oakley or Shaq on the team that Walker would rebound less.
Third, Walker really doesn't have the height, bulk or hops to be dominate
offensively in the 4 spot. When matched against the prototypical power forward
in the post, he would get stuffed because of it.
Fourth, when Walker was at his best, it was when he was matched against the
prototypical 4 and he took him outside and then dribbled around him. This tool
will only be consistantly available as long as Walker's outside shot is
falling which will draw the defensive player out. However, who will rebound if
your power forward is playing outside?
In summary, I think that Wallace has the best physical skills (better
shotblocker, rebounder, post game) that will make him the best prototypical
power forward. I grant that there aren't many players that have the
inside/outside and dribbling game of Walker, but hopefully your small forward
will fill in these areas.

DJessen33