Re: Walker trade

Mark this is an excellent anaylsis of the "situation".  I too would rather
keep AW, and try to find a quality starting center somewhere on the market,
but having seen Wallace for a couple of years here in Portland, I have
liked what I have seen for the most part, when healthy.  Can he play center
against every other body out there, not likely, but he is going to be OK,
IMO, about 3/4 times.  I have said many times that all but a half dozen
teams in this league have got some need for center, and championships have
been won without a Russell, Wilt, Kareem or Hakeem in the middle.  With
that said, the Blazers would have to take a couple cap drains, just to
swing the deal, therefore we would come out ahead, in theory, by virtue of
this fact alone.

On balance:

AW is a 7 (10 being LB, etc., potential included)
RW is a 5 (yes this probably makes him look "average", but Travis would be
a 2)
Throw in the +4 to +6 (or maybe more) we would then pickup in a FA move and
the balance in definately in our favor.  I know the formula idea is
simplistic, but I have long looked at trades for a +/- scenario and
comparing relative values of players in the league can assist in this
effort.

BTW on the arbitrators big ruling, why in the heck should it take a full
month to make this kind of decision?  Is this guy sitting around, mulling
over the facts for 30 days only to come his high and mighty decision at the
last minute.  The courts decide the fate of men and families every day,
without dragging out the enevitable.  With the balance of the season, or at
least start of, hanging in the balance, it is a joke this guy couldn't rule
on this matter inside of week, let alone a couple of days.  Who bought his
throne anyway.

Later,
Greg