A Young Fan's Lament

       Deseret News
       READERS' FORUM

       NBA players, quit whining

       Last updated 11/15/1998, 12:01 a.m. MT

             I am disgusted that the NBA players are whining that they need
       more money when they are already getting paid millions of dollars to
       do something they are good at. Why do athletes get paid more than
       any other profession in the world? What makes their big egos think
       that they can demand bigger bucks. What would happen if teachers or
       salespeople went to their boss and asked for a few millions dollars
       more? They would get fired.
             My dad, for example, is good at what he does, but does he get
       paid millions or whine about his job that put food on the table and
       shelter over our head?
             Grow up, NBA players, or find a new job if you think the grass
       is greener someplace else.

       Kurt Phister
       Riverton