Contemplating the Ifs -Reply

>>> Josh Ozersky <josh_ozersky@yahoo.com> 11/17/98 11:50am >>>
apropos of the rumored Olowakandi to Turkey rumor, now confirmed by
O's agent...

IF the season is cancelled, do we lose the draft rights to Paul Pierce?<<<

Josh:

No.  Wouldn't that be similar to why the LA  Clippers did not lose the
rights to Danny Ferry when he opted not to sign with them and went to
Italy for the year (along with Brian Shaw, if I'm not mistaken)?

However, if two years passes without the C's signing Pierce, I believe
that he is eligible to either (a) sign with the team of his choice, or (b) to
be redrafted.  Correct?

Ryan