Pitinio and Walker

My guess is that Pitino knows that Walker is not the long term solution but a valuable property for trading. His coaching strategy was to see Walker put up big numbers, become an All-Star and then use him to trade for other talent he would rather coach. Pitino has shown the importance of being a salesman for his own players because you may want to trade them someday - and besides, it generally leads to greater production and better team harmony. I think players work had for Pitino. I think there could be more discipline in the sense that players make better decisions and play under control more often. I question the viability of his kamikaze press in the pro game, but it sure was an improvement over the previous regime.

- tom