Projo's Bill Reynolds Offers Various Thoughts

Providence Journal
Bill Reynolds
11.7.98 00:11:49
Vaughn scenario a PR flop by Sox
FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH:
<several snips>

Next week's CoSida Classic would draw better if
Providence College would have agreed to play a
tournament format.

Line of the Week comes from Shaquille O'Neil,
on the subject of Dennis Rodman. ``First of all, if my
grandmother had played with Michael Jordan she'd have a
ring, too. He was hiding behind Jordan and Scottie
Pippen. He's a bum.''

There used to be three television networks
essentially full of junk. Now there are roughly 75
television channels essentially full of junk. We call
it progress.

One big plus of the NBA lockout is there are no
sideline shots of Spike Lee.

The Friars are my pick for Big East sleeper.

For the life of me I can't think of why Rick
Pitino would name The Groom is Red after Jersey Red.
Unless, of course, The Groom is Red was a jackass
instead of a racehorse. Then it would make sense.

Zen Question of the Week: What does Dennis
Rodman do on Halloween?

Stat of the Week: According to National Public
Radio, testosterone levels in males go down 20 percent
if their team loses. Go, team, go.

Rick Barnes and Pete Gillen said they were
going to play uptempo and didn't. Tim Welsh appears
committed to it.

Lamar Odom not being picked as one of the top
15 players in the A-10 preseason poll is a joke.

    Copyright © 1998 The Providence Journal Company
               Produced by www.projo.com