Maybe it's not Walker they're looking to trade...

...maybe it's Pierce, and the anti-Walker flame ignited by Globe
butthead Peter May is what's really driving the Walker rumor mill.

1) If there's a trade with Miami, it's not for Walker, but instead for
Pierce.  I think both Riles and Pitino could be convinced to swap Pierce
for Mash.  If so, Pitino better know Mash better than we do.

2) Portland and Boston.  One team with 2 power forwards, the other with
two small forwards (at least that's the league consensus.  I see Walker
as more of a power player...).  Why not send Pierce and salary trash for
Brian Grant and move Walker to the 3 spot...  That has more balance than
swapping an All-Star with ALL-NBA first team potential for an
injury-ridden, though competent 4.  That just makes no sense.

3) My question is whether or not the Clips wouuld give up Kandi-man for
a pretty legitimate backcourt and a first rounder.  Would you, if you
were the Clippers, send Barros, Mercer, and a 1st-rounder to the Clips
for Kandi and maybe Brian Skinner?  I'd think hard about it.  Your
backcourt is much improved (and for all you Barros-doubters, the boy did
have one 20/7 year not too long ago.  He can still bring it) and you
still have Wright, Taylor, and Rogers up front.  A fair chunk of beef.
The trade would leave us like this:

Clips:  Wright, Taylor/Rogers, Murray, Mercer, Barros

Celts:  Kandi, Popeye, Walker, Pierce, Anderson

It does make some sense, though my Celtic Bias shows through a little.
It would nice for the C's to have some size at a few positions...

Fearless prediction:  There will be a major trade to upgrade the team's
size as soon as this stinkin' lockout gets dealt with, if it ever does.
I hope it does not involve Walker.  I hope it does involve getting a
real center if we can't sign Matt Geiger, which is, I think, the aim.

PS to Joe Hironaka.  You get my vote for recent MVP of the list, chief.
Keep it up.

Chris