Fans fault Kirby?

Perhaps.....but this team has been driven into the ground....is a
league-wide joke because of a decade's worth of stupid decision after
stupid decision. Why should anybody trust the Celtics' front-office to do
the right thing? The fans are starved for some bit of success, some bit of
hope. No matter what anybody thinks about Antoine, he has talent, he's
young, and unfortunately, he's the best thing to happen on the court for
this team in a long...long...long time. Now, a front office that has proven
it's inability to compete with other franchises over a long...long...long
time is about to dump this kid because, "We can't afford it and we can do
better." Sorry. One word for you...Lakers. If it were Jerry West telling me
that he could better, I might believe it. But...what does Paul Gaston know
about basketball? And what has Rick Pitino done as GM to show me that he's
nothing but a bumbling amateur who takes two steps backward for every one
forward? You've heard, "Good coach, bad GM," said about Pitino right? Maybe
it's true. He's certainly given me the impression that it might be. So...as
if incompetence weren't enough, now we have to worry about Gaston being
cheap. Look at the Clippers. See anything familiar? I love Paul Gaston.

Paul M.