players

I would love to be in on the meetings of the brass right now.  In four
weeks, they will have to reveal some of what their plans are.  They must
be ready for signing Walker or creatively trading him.  I don't think Pitino
will get caught by waiting too long.  Best alternative:  keep him.  (my own
limit is still $12 million per).

I have this nightmare that a quality player will slip to #9 and the Bucks will
be smart enough to take him.

I would pick Jamison #1.  Even at 6'8" (he's at least that), he is the
quickest big man I've ever seen.  Tremendous up-side as SF/PF; would fit
an up-tempo team perfectly.  (I wouldn't mind a Walker for Jamison deal,
but only if forced into it; Walker doesn't shoot much better I don't think).

Gene's rankings:  Jamison, Olo...candi, LaFrentz, Bibby, Carter, maybe
Pierce, and I don't know Odom or Harrington or those other guys.

Gene  (Mexico is still burning)