comment on salaries, then a question

As I see and hear the comments about the salary demands of the latest group
coming up on the 2nd and 3rd year contracts, I have decided that in the long
run all those who love B-ball will be better off if these crazy demands
bring down the whole NBA.  Let them them start from scratch.  Can you
imagine? They are destroying the very insitiution that would easily pay them
5, 6, 7 MILLION A YEAR, just to ask for 10, 11, 12 million a year.  Crazy!!
Let them tear it down.  Maybe some sanity will return to the game.

Now for the question for anyone out there who can answer..
In the noon game I play in 3 times a week, we have a relativly new guy
playing who plays defense by sticking his open hand about one inch from your
face.  I contend that this is illegal, and seem to remember seeing or
reading that back in my organized ball days.

Am I right?  He says I'm not.  I would like to convince him that I am before
I start breaking off fingers...

thanks.

Mark Estepp				704 262 3111
Appalachian State University			704 265 8696 (fax)
Esteppjm@AppState.edu