BIRD AS COACH

    I don't mean to be nit picking, but when I was reading how the Celts
are a young team and Pitino was the coach they needed, not Bird, I feel
I should point out if Larry had been the Celt's coach we would not have
had the team we had.  He would not have picked the same players, in most
cases.  Therefore, it's like comparing apples to oranges, isn't it?
    If the Lakers end up playing the Bulls for the championship, this is
one basketball fan who will just skip the finals.  I don't want either
of those teams to win!
Dorine