No Subject

Is this for Real?

We don't know. We doubt it, but we do have sources. This information was
sent to us via our Gallic Correspondent Benoît Dujardin as printed in
Basket Hebdo, a weekly French NBA Magazine. If you think it's untrue, then
don't blame us, because we didn't make it up - we're just reporting it
because we can't bare the burden of it ourselves, just in case it does turn
out to be fact. The rumor is this The agent of Euro star Predrag Stojakovic
told Basket Hebdo that the Kings wanted to sign him this summer in order to
trade him with Mitch Richmond for Boston's Antoine Walker. What the ...?
Now, we know what you're saying - we said it too, but it actually grows on
you. Walker is one of Rick Pitino's boys, but by the same token, Pitino
doesn't want to bastardize the team a'la Minnesota and pay him in excess of
$100 million this summer. Walker's agent is Dave Falk, don't forget, who's
not the most amicable negotiator on these matters. Stojakovic is a
wonderful athlete who'd fit right in with Pitino's system, and the C's
could either keep Mitch and deal Ron Mercer for an established superstar
(Chris Webber's on the block, Sheed Wallace is gettable, Anthony Mason is
talking himself out of Charlotte) or vice versa. It helps the Celts salary
cap, depth, maturity, and experience. With Kenny Anderson now running the
show, Boston aren't exactly an all-rookie team anymore. As we said, we
personally don't believe Pitino would part with Antoine for anyone, let
alone Mitch, but you never know. There are some big free agents this
summer, remember...