Best shooter in the draft? -Reply

Greg:

I watched all of the players you listed several times last year.  Here's my
two cents:

Corey Benjamin is more of a slasher than a shooter with a propensity to
play out of control (he was the only good player on Oregon State, and
he forced a lot).  His fg% was probably bolstered by the high number of
transition buckets that he scored.

I'm not convinced about Carter's ability as an outside shooter.  He seems
to have more of a set shot (but he can sure fill the lane on the break).  I
doubt that he'd slip down to our pick, anyway; regardless, I don't think
he'd fit the bill as a shooter--definitely as a transition player in RP's full
court pressure system.

Garrity is incredibly overrated. Decent enough college player (who
benefitted from a lot of preferential officiating), but he'll get eaten alive in
the pros.

I like Hughes the most of any of these players.  He had a terrible game in
the NCAA tournament against Kentucky, but what value the Celtics
would get out of the #10 selection!  He's definitely not a point guard, as
some have suggested, but he would give the team some versatility at all
three perimeter positions.

The only drawbacks I can see are inexperience and that dreaded lack of
physical maturity.  Does anybody else have an opinion on this kid?

Ryan