Re: Best shooter in the draft?

>Assuming we keep our pick, a big if considering RP's recent posturing,
>along with the lack of certain depth at the #10 pick, who is the best
>shooter at the projected 7 spot or lower?  Monter's info/projection on the
>ESPN site, might include:
>
>Carter - N. Carolina
>Hughes - Saint Louis
>Garrity - Notre Dame
>Wells - Ball State
>Benjamin - Oregon State

    Tsk, tsk, tsk.......here's the problem. Excepting Garrity, who shot and
will are not in question, his speed is, none of those players listed to go
around the 10 spot are great or even good shooters. Carter doesn't play
defense and his shooting, while improved in 1997-98 is still mediocre
outside. Hughes is a phenomenal talent that tried to put a bad team on his
back. For his troubles, and poor shot selection, I believe he shot well
under 40%. Benjamin, alot like Carter is a guy that will have to slide down
to 2-guard from 3/wing in the pros, and gets far too many transition points
or other high percentage stuff to be an ideal shooter.
    The best of that group may be Bonzi Wells, his shot has improved
tremendously and he's the best defensive player in the country, for those of
you that haven't seen MAC basketball. But, his absence at one of the
pre-draft camps will probably hurt him, making him available beyond the 10
spot possibly.
    And, BTW, if we're still looking for the "best shooter", why not take
the best one-on-one player/ "playground baller" in America, the NCAA's top
scorer, Charles Jones-LIU?

RCC
Rob Cornelius
Ohio University Public Broadcasting
robc@frognet.net
740-592-6949
So you don't believe in media bias, eh?
      "In the aftermath of today's 500 point loss in the Dow Jones, Bill
Gates lost 1.76 billion dollars...If that makes you feel any better."
                       - Peter Jennings, World News Tonight, 10/27/97