Re: Rashard Lewis?

Yes, I've seen him play twice.  Once was the McDonald's All American game,
which for those of you that haven't seen it, is annually a dunkfest and three
point shootout with virtually no defense played.  Lewis had numerous good
dunks and looked very explosive.

The other time was Magic's roundball classic.  This was more of a real
basketball "game" and less of a "show" than the McDonalds game was.  Lewis
absoutely dominated this game, with something like 27 points and double digit
rebounds (i forget the exact numbers, but he was game MVP).

Obviously these games were against other high school players (granted they
were the best HS players in the country), so I'd like to see him play in
something like the draft camp in Chicago against the other NBA prospects
before I comment on whether or not the celtics should take him.  However,
Pitino will know what he's dealing with very quickly, having been a college
coach that recruits kids like this, so i think that if LEwis is really that
good then Pitino might be more likely to take him than other NBA coaches that
don't have the experience dealing with HS kids.

Also another note - Al Harrington, who is reated by some as the best HS player
in the country, reportedly will also put his name into the draft.  He's 6-9,
very athletic, and is a better outside shooter than Lewis.  He will probably
be looked at by Pitino also.

Jeff