Re: Mercer for Dampier

At 12:56 5/7/98 , Evan LaGrasse wrote:

>On Wed, 6 May 1998, Georgek27 wrote:
>
>> In a message dated 98-05-06 20:18:02 EDT, grodeg@kalama.com writes:
>>
>> << Can anyone tell us easily who the big name FA's are likely to be in 99?
>>   >>
>>  All of Walker's draft -
>>

>> Ilgauskas,

>I believe Ilgauskas was just drafted this year. He was in the rookie game.
>You might be thinking of the other tall European guy from Cleveland,
>Potapenko.
No he wasn't drafted this year.
Here is a part of Ilgauskas's Bio which explains his draft status:
Zydrunas Ilgauskas, who had applied for early entry into the
                 1995 NBA Draft but withdrew prior to the draft, was
selected in
                 the first round a year later by the Cleveland Cavaliers even
                 though he did not play basketball during the 1995-96 season
                 while undergoing rehabilitation for a broken foot. He
underwent
                 surgery to repair the same foot on Oct. 16, 1996 and did not
                 play his entire rookie NBA season. During the 1994-95
                 season, Ilgauskas played 36 games for Atletas Basketball Club
                 in his hometown of Kaunas, Lithuania.
Just FYI. Later.Mike