Re: Mercer for Dampier

> Jerry Stackhouse

Stackhouse is probably one of the worst two guards in the league in that
he has no heart whatsoever and is interested only in himself and not the
team. He is also completely delusional as to his own value. He has quite a
bit of talent but he will not amount to anything in the NBA until he
learns the team concept. I would not trade Mercer for Stackhouse in a
million years.

> I'm not saying Mercer for Dampier is the best possible scenario, I was
> just responding to someone who asked what it would take to get him.  I
> still like the idea of packaging Travis Knight, Dana Barros, and our
> lottery pick to the Lakers for Elden Campbell.  That would leave us with
> all of our cap room to get the best available forward that we can afford.

As far as Elden goes, Knight, Barros, and our lottery pick for Elden would
be a horrible trade. I've been going to school on the west coast for a few
months now and have had a chance to see Elden play a few times a week for
this period of time. He just doesn't care. I saw a glimpse of what he
could be in game 1 against the Sonics when he battled hard for a rebound
and was really putting out his maximum effort. If he loved to play the
game and wanted to win, the Lakers would never give him up because there
is no question he has the ability but he has just as much heart as Derrick
Coleman without all the talent. I would take Robert Horry, Mario Bennett,
or even Corie Blount before Campbell.

Evan