RE: Mercer

On Wednesday, May 06, 1998 5:45 AM, Jesse Haley [SMTP:jesse@wmedia.com]
wrote:
> To compare Mercer to all the other shooting guards in the league is
unfair because he has only played one season. What I saw this year was
great potential, and I'm not overestimating him just because I live in the
617. He is almost automatic from 15-20 feet, can slash to the hoop, can
defiantely finish on the break - but what about his D. He is ferocious in
the full court press, tips, steals, Pitino's cherished "deflections," he's
all over the place. I think his D is definately underrated because he can
score.

I still think Mercer's best fit is at the 3 spot. I still think adding a
Corey Benjamin or Jeff Sheppard would be great.