Re: Dr. J and arrogance

>If a person has to turn up the arrogance factor, perhaps they have other
>problems which should be dealt with.  In Rodman's case, there is quite a
>selection IMO.

Cecil, that might be right. However, it's also possible for both traits to
co-exist. As far as I'm concerned...if it works...it's fine with me. Does
Rodman need to see a shrink? It might help us all. On the court however...?

>As for him winning titles, you're right has has several, but then in
>fairness you must say that he has been blessed by playing on teams with
>superb offensive players, making it necessary for him to concentrate on
>defense only.  Think about it: Thomas, Dumars , VJ, Laimbeer, Jordan,
>Pippen, Kukoc.  Dennis doesn't have to score a point, doesn't have to be at
>all involved in the offense.  He played a hand in winning his rings, but
>don't judge him by that.

Why not? His attitude/arrogance/confidence certainly didn't hurt those
championship teams. And it's not as if he was the last guy off the bench on
those teams. He plays great defense on great players (negating the
necessary double-team), rebounds against players who are bigger, hustles
like a maniac....the guy is a serious asset because he does a lot of the
dirty work that frees up other players to do other things. I'm willing to
believe that I.Thomas knows how big an asset Rodman is on a championship
team. I'm still waiting for Malone to hit those free-throws in the final
round.

Paul M.