Robert Parrish revisited

        I think we are all in agreement that the Celtics need help at the
        center position ... while they don't necessarily need an upper
        echelon do everything type center, they do need a big body that
        can run the floor, rebound, block shots and defend the paint ...

        A lot of free agent names have been bandied about, like Matt Gieger
        of Charlotte, Isaac Austin of the Clippers and Theo Ratliff of the
        76ers (hurt an improving division rival at the same time you improve
        your own team - Red would be proud!).

        Other people have mentioned the draft route ... Michael Olowokandi
        from Pacific (I highly doubt he would last until the Celtics pick,
        unless the Celtics get lucky and get a Top 3 pick), Doleac from Utah,
        or Keon Clark from UNLV.

        Then there is the trade route ... I read one suggestion that the
        Celtics try to swing a deal for Greg Ostertag of Utah (if
        the Jazz falter in the playoffs).

        A player that I think the Celtics should take a look at is one they
        could have had last year: Eric Dampier of the Golden State Warriors.

        It was rumored that the Celtics could have had him last year from
        Indiana in a trade for free-agent-to-be Rick Fox, but ML Carr refused
        to pull the trigger. Just another reason to dislike ML as GM. :-)

        Dampier is young (entered the NBA the same year as Antoine), is BIG,
        can run the floor and plays defense in the paint. The Warriors 'think'
        he will be a good one and want to lock him up with a contract
        extension this off season (he is in the same situation as Antoine
        Walker). But Dampier has been critcal of the direction the franchise
        is heading and it is possible that the Warriors could trade him if
        they can't lock him up long term, much like Denver did last year
        when they traded Antonio McDyess.

        What would it take to get Dampier from the Warriors? And would he be
        a good fit for the Pitino Celtics? Just a possibility.

        Another possibility is Nazr Mohammed, from the University of Kentucky.
        All indications are that he will be in this years draft and that he
        would probably be available when the Celtics pick (about #10).

        From an article at the CNN/SI site:

        -----
        Former Kentucky star Antoine Walker, who entered the NBA draft after his
        sophomore season, has encouraged Mohammed to think about entering the
        draft. Both players are from Chicago.

        "Antoine Walker is a very, very close friend," Tahiru Mohammed said.
        "Antoine said he should leave everything open. Whatever comes, grab it.
        -----

        Hmmm, with Antoine's encouragement and Rick's penchant for picking up
        former UK players, do you think Nazr could be jumping center for the C's
        next year???

        Vinny

	Ps - Sorry if this comes through more than once, I received a mail
	system reject message on the first attempt