Re: Celts Nets

Dan Forant wrote:

> True I have been down on Walter because he doesn't fit into a formatted
> plan of offense. He thrives in a helter skelter type of game. His
> athleticism is not to be overlooked however, even the Nets announcers
> praised him saying he could guard anyone from a guard to a big man. In fact
> the Net announcers were very kind to Pitino and the Celts. Maybe with the
> benefit of a training camp under his wings, Pitino may be able to settle
> him down. It really has been a pleasure to watch this Celt team play with
> so much enthusiasm and effort, you never know what's going to happen next.
> This team is terrific position, with the draft coming up to build a
> formidable team next season.
>
> Antoines shooting worries everyone, but where else are we going to get
> points from besides Mercer? No one else has the offensive ability to score,
> with the exception of Barros, and he's erratic. Toine's honing his skills
> this year, next season if we can pick up some inside help he should get
> more consistent.

I totally agre with you. I have been saying all along that the C's
biggest need is a pure rebounder(is Popeye possibly the answer!) and a
consistent perimeter shooter(Rex Chapman type) so we can free up Antoine
& Ron to display their talents for slashing and posting inside, which
are their strengths. Just try to imagine with a decent perimeter shooter
how these 2 guys could torture almost anyone guarding them. Right now
the only outside threats are Ron(& wouldn't you really rather see him
slashing to the hoop where he is almost unstoppable)and Barros(too
incosistent IMO).Just an opinion.
Regards,
Hart