Mercer/Walker Debate

To the creator of the Mercer/Walker debate, this is a player evaluation
sheet that I use to determine my top players.  I am sending the areas
that are evaluated.  However, at the end of the check list you will find
a rating scale to get a true score of who is the better player or  who
you think can lead us back to the glory days (Walker or Mercer).
ATTENTION:  Please continue to send your results to the creator of the
debate.

Greg
gh18@juno.com

Shooting		Dribbling		Layups	Passing

Jump shot		left hand		left	chest
hook shot		right hand		right	bounce
free throws	stop/go		baseline	overhead
form 		cross over	power	baseball
footwork		spin		reverse	creativity
balance		between legs
speed		behind back
focus
off dribble
off pass
move to left
move to right
fake shots
reverse

Court Awareness	Rebounding	Defense

decision making	blockout		stance
vision		offensive		shuffle
team playing	defensive		footwork
*movement			positioning
 without/with			rebounding
 ball*				communication
screening				blocking out

Attributes			Athleticism

coachability		strengths
determination		jumping
confidence		flexibility			comprehension		speed
work habits		endurance
motivation			coordination
endurance
competitiveness
personal sacrifice
integrity

Circle the number that best describes the ability of Ron Mercer.
* 5 = Excellent  4 = Superior  3 = Good  2 = Fair  1 = Needs improvement.

Shooting		5	4	3	2	1

Layups		5	4	3	2	1

Passing		5	4	3	2	1

Dribbling		5	4	3	2	1

Rebound		5	4	3	2	1

Awareness	5	4	3	2	1

Defense		5	4	3	2	1

Attributes		5	4	3	2	1

Athleticism	5	4	3	2	1

Circle the number that best describes the ability of Antoine Walker.

Shooting		5	4	3	2	1

Layups		5	4	3	2	1

Passing		5	4	3	2	1

Dribbling		5	4	3	2	1

Rebounding	5	4	3	2	1

Awareness	5	4	3	2	1

Defense		5	4	3	2	1

Athleticism	5	4	3	2	1

Attributes		5	4	3	2	1

		        TOTAL SCORE

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]