Re: Mercer Lewis

Don't forget that Reggie was a better than either

> Mitch or Miller <remember the playoff series with Indiana in 92 > and he was
> just coming onto his own when he died. He would have been considered in the
> same breath as Pippen, Malone, Hakeem, Barkley etc has he been playing.

I saw criticisms of Lewis because his first 2 seasons were unspectacular.  Well,
he didn't have the opportunity to start like today's rooks.  He was playing
behind an excellent starting 5.  Also, the Celts coach KC Jones believed in
bringing rooks along slowly

Lewis was the glue that held this team together as our big 3 were slowing down,
and as we lost Bias.

Lewis could play D and was a scoring machine.  What he had on Mercer, as well as
mwnt others was that he could 1)score against a double team 2)create
opportunities for teammates out of the double team situation and 3) create his
own shot.

Best of all, he was a great guy.