globe news

          Interesting stuff from the Globe today:

          Apparently Pitino has suggested to Pervis that he retire. If
          Pervis did that for medical reasons, it would free up
          another 2.5 mil the next two years. Suddenly, instead of
          having 5-7 mill to spend, we'd have 7-10 mill. That could be
          enough to land one of the top-shelf free agents, like
          Antonio McDyess, Scottie Pippen or Tom Gugliotta, or Geiger
          and another player.

          Ellison says his knees are fine and he's just having trouble
          with his ankle. Apparently he isn't wild about the idea of
          retiring, but is considering it.

          I know he's a captain and one of the team's most popular
          players, but I'm hoping he calls it quits.

          Mark