Head and Heart

In re the poll:  Rarely, as in Michael Jordan, does a 2 guard lead a team
anywhere without a great big man.  (I could be wrong; that's just an
assumption.)  So, my head tells me that Walker is our man.  Pound that
arrogance out of him and make him lead us.  The idea that others sign
autographs and he doesn't at all bothers me.  If I've lost some zeal for the
green, I think it's because of Antoine's attitude.  Walker can progress is
skills, judgment and attitude.  If he doesn't, then don't waste our money
on him; trade him.

My heart is with players like Mercer.  I think you build on heart and
attitude (a la St. Peter), not on a talented but obstructionist kid.  Mercer
and Kenny and De Clerq show Celtic attitude.  I think they're keepers.  If
Pitino wants to trade Antoine, I say he should do it while he can get a
few good players in return.

I don't expect a trade to happen, however.

Gene