Re: your mail

On Wed, 18 Mar 1998 gandahlf@capecod.net wrote:

> Sorry Jeremy,
> 	I must disagree
>
> you said
> "If you don't have top notch players to
> implement "the system", then it becomes worthless."
> If the system is worthless without top notch players, how do we double our
> win total in one year??? The system however does have one weakness you must
> have someone(anyone) who can block shots and rebound, our one glaring
> weakness!!
> Have patience...... We will be in the thick of things next year(much closer
> to the top than the bottom.
>                 JIm

	We've been able to double our win total from last year because we
have a better coach and some better players.  To continue to improve our
win total we must continue to get better players.  This is why Pitino
traded for KA in the first place.  The pre-trade team would only have been
capable of winning five more games next year.  Pitino said that himself.
His system is good at covering up weaknesses, but ultimately it is a
players' league.

Jeremy