standings

Hmmm, well we're 5 games behind Cleveland and 4.5 games out of the 8th spot.

I think I'll suspend the postings unless we get within 3 games again.

Unfortunately, 8 of the next 10 games are on the road (and only 2 games are against teams standing in our way).

Things still could get interesting depending how close we are after that stretch. The last 10 games of the season are against eastern conference teams (including 2 vs Orlando and Cleveland, and 1 vs Washington, Milwaukee, & New Jersey) with 6 of the last 8 at home.

We desperately need Kenny back and I doubt he can really recover in time to make up for some of these losses, however other teams aren't faring much better.

New Jersey - Jayson Williams & Rony Seikaly are out, Van Horn has a broken toe (still playing though).
Orlando - Penny is out
Milwaukee - Glenn Robinson out ~3 weeks, and Brandon is still out I think.
Washington - Howard & Muresan out

Even if we can manage to go 12 and 6, if one team currently in the 8th spot plays .500 ball we won't make the playoffs.

Ken Kokubo
UIS/Harvard University
617.496.8151