Speak for yourself

And I write, Hey Joe, speak for yourself.  I grew up in a lower middle
class family, or was that upper lower class, but I ran track and played
ball on the playgrounds with anyone who was there and learned to relate
and respect anyone I met, who was worthy of respect.  I don't meant this
disrepectful to you, but character is character and can be developed
anywhere under any circumstances.  If someone is of solid character, you
can relate if you are willing to learn and listen.  So, I think your
statement has some validity, but is not necessarily true.  So, speak for
yourself (said with respect and not intended to disrespect you.) as I
believe that rules of character apply across race, sex, religion, and
class lines.