Shot selection thread, RP show

I've enjoyed all the subsequent posts and arguments about
Walker's shot selection. One request: could those who wish
to continue it replace the "TO: ALEX WANG" subject label
with something like "Shot selection." I felt it was a rude
gesture by the original poster and would rather not see it
perpetuated.

On the RP show today, Pitino presented an analysis of the
Anderson trade. The advantages he cited were:

1) Billups would not develop into an Anderson-like player
for another 4-5 years so the trade made the Celtics better now.

2) Additional cap room. Pitino estimated that over the offseason
the Celtics would have at least $2.8M and probably more than
$4M to spend on a free agent, likely a big man. He mentioned
that with additional maneuvering they could possibly get more and
I think he stated the figure $8M.

3) Anderson is locked up for 5.5 years while Billups would possibly
be difficult and too expensive to sign to an extension. I believe
he called this the most overlooked part of the trade. And the
$6.7M that Paul Allen is paying on Anderson's salary would help
Paul Gaston pay for Antoine's contract.

4) A free look at Popeye Jones and Tabak.

He talked about the three All-Star goal that he had and he mentioned
that Anderson had the potential to be one of the top three or four
point guards in the league, and that Antoine could be a perennial
All-Star. He said the third could come in free agency or through
next year's draft. I'm not sure why he doesn't mention Mercer here;
maybe he feels it's too early to put that sort of pressure on him.

Alex