Re: Steve Bulpett Bashes Gaston Again And More News

-----Original Message-----
From: Way Of The Ray <wayray@ix.netcom.com>
To: celtics@igtc.COM <celtics@igtc.COM>

>"You're a Celtics fan and you've been buying tickets to the games even
after
>Bird left.  You were asked to fork over an increase to watch M.L. Carr's
team
>when the C's moved into the FleetCenter and you paid.  You were asked to
pay
>for NBA entertainment when all you were getting was Remember This and
Remember
>That nights.

Exactly the thoughts that I have expressed numerous times on this mailing
list. It's high time when somebody reflected it on a more public forum.
After 4 years of dishing out crap we have a group of young players who can
help us win it all and Gaston is trying to preach fiscal sanity. My question
is, where was the fiscal sanity when he put  up a CBA product and charged
NBA money from the season ticket holder with a promise that things would
improve?

>"Now, after supporting the franchise through the lean years better than
clubs
>in other cities with far better marks are supported -- better than Celtics
>management had a right to expect -- you are being told by Paul Gaston that
>market rate for Antoine Walker is more than he wants to pay.  The talented
team
>you've been waiting for may get pulled out from under you before it gets
the
>chance to develop.

Completely agree.

>"Do you feel a little used?"

Absolutely.

>Bulpett goes on to say, that there will be trouble in the Pitino - Gaston
>relationship if "the owner prevents the Celtics from being as good as they
can
>be.

I think Pitino has already fired that shot, by saying that if gaston doesn't
see a way of making profit he needs to sell the team.

>"Pitino is supporting Gaston publicly, but there is no way he will stay
here if
>he must run the operation with a hand (clutching a wallet) tied behind his
>back."

Completely agree.

>Bulpett hopes there is "significant reform" in the CBA, so that Pitino and
>gaston won't resort to infighting.

Let's hope so.

>In an interesting note, Bulpett mentions that the Clippers are "fielding
>offers" for Mr. Olowokandi.  Hmmmm.  The C's need a center, and with the
>uncertainty regarding Antoine and Boston's surplus of guards, these two
teams
>could be ripe to cut a deal.

Clippers are after-all what they are but I won't doi Olowakandi for Walker
straight up that's madness.

>In a slightly ironic note, Bulpett says the last first-rounder the C's
>selected without seeing the player at a predraft workout was AC Earl.
>Hopefully, the C's luck is better this time.

We know that this one is not Acie Earl and this one is not Montross because
he was drafted with the 9th pick. Eddie Jones was drafted with the 10th who
this pick could very well turn out to be.

    - Mishra