Re: My idea for a new collective bargaining agreement

In a message dated 98-06-27 17:22:48 EDT, mbyrnes@leland.Stanford.EDU writes:

<< 3) Waived players' salaries can be removed from the cap.  currently, if a
 player is signed to a long term deal and then cut, his salary counts
 against the salary cap.  Rule change: teams that want to cut a player with
 a long term deal can remove his salary from their cap by paying an equal
 amount of money to the revenue sharing fund.  (Note: they still have to
 pay the player, of course.)

No matter what number the cap settles at, this would be the answer to our
prayers!
(Goodbye Pervis, Greg, Dontae, and anything else we owe Dino!) There would be
lots of overpaid players available at bargain basement prices.

George