Re: Paul Pierce Intrigue: Why Isn't He In Boston Already?

-----Original Message-----
From: Way Of The Ray <wayray@ix.netcom.com>

>That seems to be the latest Pitino conspiracy.  How come the other clubs
>brought their players in the day after the draft, but Pierce has yet to
arrive
>in Boston?  And why is Pitino going to Los Angeles to check him out?  Could
he
>be in the City of Angels to arrange some sort of trade with the Clippers or
>Lakers?  Enquiring minds want to know!

My read is and ironic as it ,may sound, Pierce's market value is at its
peak. Pitino might
want to verify if this guy is his type of player to avoid a Chauncey Billups
kind of experience.
If he is satisfied I belive Paul Pierce will be here in Boston on Monday
else he will be traded
for god knows who. I am hoping that he finds Pierce to be his type.

>In other news, according to CBS Sportsline, the Lakers offered Eldon
Campbell
>and Eddie Jones as a package deal to a number of teams, one being the
Celtics.
>The deal was: the Laker pair for Mercer and Knight.  Fortunately, the C's
>didn't bite on that trade.  Too much of a sour aftertaste I guess.

If Jerry West thinks sp much of Mercer then we have got  a good one there is
no need to
trade him. Whatever the rumours. it is clear that the Celtics are back in a
big way  amongst
the elite in NBA. Pitino deserves all the credit. - Mishra