Re: Passing on Pierce : Comments from the Kansas City Star on the draft :-)

>And people will say what a genius Pitino is when the Celtics win 50 games next
>year. But, truth is, Pitino isn't that smart. There are just a lot of dense
>people running the other teams.

There must be an awful lot of dumbos in the college ranks too 'cause all
Pitino ever did there was win. He won at B.U, Providence, and Kentucky. He
turned the Knicks around when he coached them( I hate the Knicks but I
loved to watch that scrambling hustling Knicks team ). He signed for 50
million plus, put the C's on an upwardly mobile path, has a killer gig as a
public speaker, wrote a best seller, invested in horses and damn near won
the Kentucky Derby. Geez, the guy is practically a moron. Sportswriters!
I'd like to see the picks this guy has made over the course of time. Have
another drink Mr. Posnaski.

                                      Michael D.