No Subject

Michael Byrnes wrote:

>The Celtics have Ron Mercer for two more years, and Pierce for three.  If
>Walker signs, they may not be able to afford either one, and certainly
>won't be able to afford both.  Which means that the Celtics' "window of
>opportunity" with their current team is about 2-3 years.  In that short
>time frame, the Celtics are a better team with The Admiral than with
>Antoine.

However, if Walker is signed to a long contract and we want to resign
Mercer and Pierce, the good news is that they are already our players so we
will not be restricted by the current salary cap in inking their new deals
(we would be limited only by Gaston's pockets which may be what you were
talking about).  However, this may all be a moot point until the league has
a new CBA.  Until there is a new agreement in place, it does us no good to
assume what we cannot afford.  Let's just be glad we have them all now and
wait for the chips to fall.  Besides, even if we couldn't afford Mercer and
Pierce, how then could we afford the 15 mil/yr over the next 2 yrs that
Robinson's contract balloons to?

Goggin in Cincinnati