Re: the JW mock draft/PP

Not to "mock" Jeremy's mock draft, but look at where folks like him put our
boy Paul.  He and others have Pierce at anywhere from 2 to 6.  For those
who would criticize this pick, don't.  Call it briliance or dumb luck, Rick
knows talent (m/l) and obviously Petrie in Sacramento doesn't.

Not also to make light of others like Gene who worried about dropping to
the 10 pick and losing all those games to have a bust at 10, this is a near
miracle.  The USA today this morning called Pierce the "most NBA ready
player" in the draft.  Do you think RP is happy today, he gets a ready now
stud, with all the offensive skills.  Plus Pierce wants to payback all
those stupid teams that passed him up.  With Kenny being healthy, we need
to concentrate on a more defensive center, and starting counting the days
to NBA glory.

On the same note, I was upset to think we could lose a chance at Jeff
Sheppard by giving up the 2nd rounder.  Why he wasn't taken, who knows, but
Rick should not waste many days getting a commitment from Jeff, and make
him the next Jerry Sichting on this version of the championship Celtics.

Now just sign a good center with our cash, sign AW and shoot the guy who
wanted cheerleaders, and it could be a perfect "10" for the new year.

Rafters Baby!,
Greg