Re: Pitino Files during the press conference...

Jaime Castillo, Jr. wrote:

> Well, Rick has been blowing smoke and telling bulls everywhere!   But these
> "secrets" , well, we all know will be for the good or for the better of the
> team.
>
> I just finished listening to the real audio press conference over at NBA.com
> and I couldn't believe anything Pitino and Wallace anymore because all are
> bull and more bull.
>
> Here are the main topics covered over the press conference(it's obvious most
> things said are bull):
>
> 1.  Draft choice at 10.  They are keen on getting a 3, or a 4 or a 5 and
> that they are not goin to get a point and a shooting guard. They only said
> they like Jelani McCoy, Ruben Patterson, and Nazr Mohamed.  he he he
> secrets secrets

With Ruben and Jelani I was just thinking (dunno if anyone has posted this
already) that the Celtics are trading DOWN to about 17 to 25.

> 2. Keeping Popeye Jones.  Pitino really made this guy look so pretty.  He
> praised his leadership qualities inside and outside the court and inside the
> locker room.  He commended on his physical recovery (knee) and that this guy
> has lost excess weight over the off season and is still working out for more
> strength.  Well, I would really be happy if we keep him coz he's got some
> tools(rebounding and toughness/enforcer type) the team needs anyways.  But
> we should all remember what happened to Dee, Chauncey, John Thomas and Roy.
> All were praised and promised security before being traded.  Well...business
> is business.

I believe him here. Although he could very well be part of a trade as you say,
and his rights to be traded don't actually expire to July 1 so infact he  is
still tradeable.

Warwick