Re: Ruben Patterson, Nazr Mohammed, Jelani McCoy

He said he didn't see them taking one of the high school players
with the tenth pick, but if he dropped down, that would be a
possibility.  He said there was a 85 percent chance, he would keep
the No. 10 spot in the draft.  He said, if he was planning to trade
Antoine, he could have dealt him a couple of weeks ago; so he expects to
re-sign him.  He doesn't expect Tractor Traylor to drop down to
ten, but if he did, they would strongly consider him.  He thinks Tractor
may go as high as Toronto at four.  He mentioned that this is one of the
most intriguing drafts he's ever been associated with, and that he's
received calls from teams looking to trade up and down.
He thinks it's a good draft, and has been impressed with the players
he's brought in for workouts.

He said there are twelve players in the draft, that form a core group of
good players.  He said, he thinks that whomever they draft, will be able
to start sometime next season for the C's...  The Slovenian center
Nesterovic can't get out of his contract.... He thinks that Dirk
Nowitzki will play for one of the Bologna teams in the Italian
league....  He would still draft Chauncy and Ron, if he had to do next
year's draft over again.  He said on WEEI with Eddie and Dale, that
there are certain players on the Celtics that are unmovable such as
Pervis.  He also mentioned that he wasn't interested in having a second
round draft choice this year; he's in to roster reduction.
That's all I can remember.  Also, that there isn't anyone available in
this draft that's at the level of either Van Horn or Duncan.
WC