on trade rumors

I remember that Pitino describing Chris Wallace's job during the season.
He essentially said that he called every team at least once a week and
offered them preposterous trades in the Celtics' favor. If there is any
interest, Pitino would be brought in to negotiate further.

So as mentioned, Walker for Shareef and the #2 may not make much sense
to Vancouver by itself, but it might just be the starting point for a
further discussion. Vancouver might decide they're interested in Walker
over Shareef, but would need more to give up the #2. Maybe they'd propose
Walker, Mercer, and the #10 for Shareef and the #2.

In any case, I would guess that the rumor has some truth to it because
I'm sure Wallace and Pitino are discussing almost everything. The details
are probably more complicated than just Walker for Shareef and #2. We'll
have to wait until draft day (or beyond) to know, because I would guess that
Pitino would not want to move up to #2 without knowing if Olowokandi was
there.

Alex