Re: trades vs free agency

I Couldn't agree much more.  If Walker is just too greedy at this stage, then
might as well move him but at the same time acquire someone very cost
effective in exchange.  David Robinson, Goog, Pip or whoever out there who's a
proven scorer and defender at the same time.

Well, I just finished watching on ESPN Asia a game on Magic's High School all
stars and I would grade Al Harrington as the best out of the bunch of 'kids'
coming out.  But he's just to one dimensional (a slasher / scorer) and doesn't
have an outside shot.  Another one of those kids with lots of upsides but
would take a while to develop into a complete package.

Rashaard Lewis is also an intriguing kid as he too has the abilities of a
Harrington but also has limited range.  Very athletic but outside shooting is
non existent.

IMO, it's nice to get projects(high school kids) outa the draft but only
established teams and playoff teams get benefits on this.  As they have
nothing to lose if it takes too long for the kids to develop.  If the kid
turns out to be a gem then fine, but if it's a bust (a la mcgrady / jermaine
oneal) then fine too but only for those playoff teams and not for rebuilding
teams and struggling teams.

So I guess the celts would really be wise to just get someone proven thru free
agency or trades.

I hope I get nods.  But there will be others disagreeing with me too I know.
But its OK it's freedom of the list...