Re: Rumors out of Fla

Georgek27@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 98-06-15 03:50:49 EDT, hartleyo@ix.netcom.com writes:
>
> << Any of you have thoughts on Mutombo. >>
> I wanted Mutombo on the C's when he was a free agant and I'd love him now -
> he'd just never fit under the cap.
>
> George
The reason I asked about Mutombo is that there seemed to be a push on
this list a while back for Geiger who rumor has it, is asking for a
$50 Miil 5 year contract and IMHO, he is nothing more than a back-up
center. If I had to spend $10 Mill a year , I sure as hell would rather
pay it to Mutombo than a back-up.
By the way I think if we had Mutombo in our starting line-up, there is
no doubt in my mind we would win 52-55 games next year. He is
defensively exactly what the C's need.

Not a bad starting line-up:  	C  Mutombo
				SF Antoine
				PF Popeye
				PG Anderson
				SG Mercer
It has very strong rebounding, good scoring & passing and Mutombo
upgrades our overall defense immeasurably.

Hart