Re: BULPETT: NO WALKER CONTRACT UNTIL AFTER THE C.B.A. IS SETTLED

On Sun, 14 Jun 1998, R. Bentz Kirby wrote:

> Tom:
>
> Why has team play degenerated this much, if it has?  Is it officiating, the
> league itself?  Why would team play just die out?
>

> Bentz
> bocelts@scsn.net
> http://www.scsn.net/users/sclaw

the only thing I can think of is that the speed of todays players is such
that they can drive to the hoop at will, very hard to defend. So who do
you get to defend them? More guys just like them, incredibly fast guys who
have always been able to go to the hole and continue to do so. It seems
the old passing game was as much out of necessity as was the style of the
game. I could be out in left field on this but what do you guys think is
the reason?