Re: trade talks

-----Original Message-----
From: QtipDevine@aol.com <QtipDevine@aol.com>
To: celtics@igtc.COM <celtics@igtc.COM>
Date: Friday, June 12, 1998 7:09 PM
Subject: trade talks

>If someone gives up a star and the number one pick for Walker and Mercer  I
>couldn't imagine  why anyone would want that unless the star was Pippen.

I've never discussed a #1 pick for Toine and Ron.  We were talking about Ron
and Kenny.  I did say I'd be reluctant to give up Ron and Kenny with the
possibility of losing Toine as well (via free agency).

>I know Walker does takes badshots but he is versitile, big,and under 25!
>Hello!

Does he ever take bad shots!  But he is very versatile, big and under 25.

>Mercer also  under 25,  has as big an upside as anyone in this draft aside
>from the Cadiman.{you can really beat eithers size or athletism} Here's the
>kicker though, Walker and Mercer both shoot and handle the ball well and
make
>their free throws
>which is invaluealbe come late in the game.

You Qtip are the first person I've seen on this list claim that Toine makes
his free throws.  You can bet that most followers of this list have heart
palpitations when he goes to the line in the 4th quarter of a close game.
He shoots 64% at the line.  Mercer OTOH shoots a steady 84%.

Now if Walker  will turn down
>the team
>for a "mere" 6mil I say trade him.(105mil-99mil). Lets keep em both if we
>can,but if not Rick has a plan.
>dalvin

What's the big deal over the 6 million difference?  If Gaston has enough to
offer 99 million, what's the big deal over the additional 6?  Will that
money be the difference in going bankrupt?  Doubtful.

I like Toine but I'm hoping that he can improve on his .423% field goal
shooting and his free throw %.  He isn't afraid of shooting though as his
1705 shots per game will attest.  By comparison, Karl Malone launched 1472
but has a .530 %.

Cecil