RE: facials, etc

>"I believe shouting, clapping, sticking your hand in the face of the shooter,
>etc., in a game with refs, could be called at the discretion of the referee.
>In a pickup game, the only thing I call is the hand in the face, if it
>bothers my shot.  The other stuff I let go."

I suppose that your defender should just keep his hands at his sides while you
shoot over him?  I'm sorry, but putting a hand in someone's face when he shoots
is not a foul.  I think it's good defense, especially if he's shorter than you.

>"I consider all of it (shouting, clapping) to be the tactics of a player
>without the skills or drive to play the game is it should be played."

If someone's mere shouting or clapping at you messes up your shot, then you
should evaluate your own skills.

The way I see it, defense can be played in many different ways, and as long as
your not hacking the shit out of the other player, it's not a foul.  If you
consider yourself a real player, then any defense that isn't EVEN physical
should not hinder your game.