RE: If he wore green and white?

>damekmo@teleport.com wrote:
>
>>  But I wonder if anybody on this list would really have
>> a serious disagreement with Jordan as the greatest of all time if he'd worn
>> green and white his whole career and been the leader on five Celtics'
>> championship teams in the 90's.
>>
>> Paul M.
>
>Paul:
>
>I for one would.
>
>Bentz
>bocelts@scsn.net
>http://www.scsn.net/users/sclaw

And so would I. The title "greatest player of all time" has to be used
very sparingly, if at all. If somebody came up to me and said that Bird
was such a player, I would still disagree. To be the "greatest" player,
you have to excel in every department of the game and I mean *every*. To
represent this for "all" time means you conveniently ignore history.
I admire Jordan almost as much as I admire Bird (I do not admire Magic
Johnson as much, but that's a personal problem, he stood in the way of
potential Celtic titles!). I consider these players to be among the
all-time greats. But neither is the "greatest player of all time."
Please let's leave such hype to Bob Costas who thought (and probably
still thinks) Kobe Bryant was (is) the second coming of Jordan.

venkat